Help! Give me more questions!

Hey All-

My great-grandmother is turning 100 in January, and to celebrate the amazing milestone our family is traveling to Arizona to celebrate with her. One "activity" we are doing is coming up will a bunch of questions for her to answer and tell her story. For example, "what was it like to finally get electricity?" or "can you believe that we have cellphones now?!" Keep in mind that she was born in 1910... Please post a reply or 2 with any questions you can come up with!!! Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When she was young did she ride in buggies or horses or in motor cars? Tell us about using an ice box? What were the clothes like when you were younger? Did you dance the can can? What about the Depression, what was life like then?

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• What in your oppinion is the greatest invention so far? What about the "good ol times" do you miss most? What is the worst thing any body did in the name of "for the greater good"? What are some of the things you were happy to live to see take place? Do you want to live longer to see more or would you be happy to pass on after all you've seen and lived through? Do you think life gets harder or easier with time? My dg was born in 1914 and sometimes I wish he was here and if he were these are just some of the things I'd like to ask him! Congrats to your grandma!!! Happy b-day and many more to come!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• How long had she known your great grandfather before they got married?

How much was a loaf of bread when they got married? Did they go on a honeymoon? Where and how much did it cost? Did she work during WWII? Where was she born?

My own grandmother died Last January at 97. We did this on her 95th birthday. We knew most of the stories but others came out. Make sure someone runs a video cam..just don't necessarily tell her about it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• when did she get her first real washing machine and when did she get her first tv?
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I know there are a TON of questions to ask her, but I wanted to mention that when a person reaches a certain age they usually get a letter from the President of the US congratulating them and no longer have to pay taxes. Look into it for her to see if this happens at the age of 100 and if it does be sure that the correct agencies know her address and such so she can get the documentation she needs.
    Tell her Happy Birthday for me!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2010