When did you put your Child in a Toddler Bed???

Our 18month old is still in her crib, but she's kicking the bars on the crib & I'm afraid shes going to break them. When should I move her to A Toddler Bed???

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 9:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 18 to 24 months.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 9:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Now I put my son in one. I took him wit me 2 pick it out he loves it
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 9:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I moved my son into one when he was 15 months old . He never liked the crib.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I had my 2nd daughter in MY bed until she was 2, then she just went to a regular twin sized bed. :) Good luck!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I did at 15 months
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I guess I'm the exception here. My son is 29 months and still in his crib. I like that he can't get out and run around when he should be sleeping. He hasn't tried to climb or jump out so I'm leaving him there for now.
    Anonymous

• I don't move them till they try to climb out or the bed breaks! My daughters bed broke after she was 2 so she got a toddler bed! My younges is 21 mos still in her crib and don't plan to move her till 2. She never tries to climb out so she is fine...
    Anonymous

• I moved my daughter to a toddler bed about 4 months after her 2nd birthday. My son is 21 months old and still in a crib but he will be moving to a toddler bed soon since I will be needing the crib come June.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• We converted my son's crib into a toddler bed when he was 2.5 when he decided that jumping in his crib at 6:30 am every morning was fun. I probably could have done the transition earlier, but I was worried about him climbing out of bed and roaming the house. It actually worked out to be the opposite. He won't get out of bed until someone comes and gets him. About 6 weeks shy of his 3rd birthday we moved him into my old double bed because I wanted to start getting our 2nd baby's room ready and needed to put the crib back together. He loves his double bed because he's such a restless sleeper, and he can really stretch out in it.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My son is 32 months and still in his crib. But it is sturdy and he can climb out of it. We aren't putting him in a toddler bed, we are goign straight to a twin so we don't have to buy 2 beds within a year or two.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010