30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming, Leading Scientist Says

From Miami to Maine, Savannah to Seattle, America is caught in an icy grip that one of the U.N.'s top global warming proponents says could mark the beginning of a mini ice age.

Oranges are freezing and millions of tropical fish are dying in Florida, and it could be just the beginning of a decades-long deep freeze, says Professor Mojib Latif, one of the world's leading climate modelers.

Latif thinks the cold snap Americans have been suffering through is only the beginning. He says we're in for 30 years of cooler temperatures -- a mini ice age, he calls it, basing his theory on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the world's oceans.

Latif is a professor at the Leibniz Institute at Germany's Kiel University and an author of the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report.

Even "Global Warming" experts are now predicting an Ice Age. Do you believe it now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• But they are now calling it a "pause" in global warming. These idiots won't give up that easily. But you just watch, some moron may come on here IN LIGHT of the fact that the ice is increasing and tell us how it is disapearing, Some people are just programed.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Just last month they were screaming about Global Warming. Who are we supposed to believe? Maybe they are all nuts.
    Anonymous

• According to the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007.

The ice in the arctic is increasing, not decreasing, like they were predicting. 

Anonymous

• I believe that a lot more than the global warming crap.

When I was a kid in the 70s the world was going to freeze up. It's all BS. There are cycles of cold and hot.

Now, it's stupid to think that if you keep putting crap into the ocean and into the ground and air that nothing is going to happen. We do need to pay more attention, but Al Gore is an idiot and the world is not going to burn up.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Well, yeah. That's how it works. Global cooling, then global warming, then global cooling, then global warming...etc.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• LOL, Carpy! Yes, the world is moving into an ice age, Arctic ice is expanding, not shrinking, and it's all because of Global Warming, uh, I mean, uh, Climate Change.

And no matter how many studies are published showing an increase in the polar bear population, people will tell you they are all starving and dying.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• lol Carpy, it is sooo true! Its crazy how dead set they are even when they are slapped in the face with factual data over and over again. A couple months ago I was not sure ont he whole issue but doing my own fact checking and all I have come to the conclusion GW / CC is a huge scheme.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't totally believe all the hype from the global warming crowd. I used to, and then read a book by Michael Chrighton that made me do a lot more reading on my own. I don't think we actually know what is happening. I know if we have another little Ice Age like we did 700+ years ago, we are screwed. And I agree with the PP who said that we can't just keep dumping things into the enviroment and reducing a lot of nature's balancers without expecting some fallout.

WIth either a global cooling, or global warming, we are in deep doo doo. I find it amusing that so many are touting a global cooling like it's something positive. Read about what happened when the cooling affected the jet stream. It was catastrophic.

Neither is a plus. We need to find a better way to live on the Earth, and respect what nature has in place to keep our sorry selves alive.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• ^^Crichton**
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Regardless, if it is cooling or warming, wonder why Al , since he is sooo concerned, isn't donating some of his millions to help somehow, but nah, instead he just keeps trying to keep his lie alive so he can make more money...
    Either way, we live in a delicate balance, the good Lord set us up that way and we have abused our surroundings with our quest for convenience & others have abused strictly because of greed. The two together have put us in peril. We should have stuck with glass and never ventured into plastics for everything. They give us plastic everything, even for our babies, then years later we find that the bottles and sippy cups are poison! WTH? These plastics, that are okay to put in the microwave and dishwasher, uhmmm, well, turns out, they really aren't safe to use after all, and they use a sex hormone in the process of making these wonderful plastics, how nice, no wonder 7 y.o.'s get boobs! link below
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2010