Do you sit at the table for meals with your young children?

This question came to me due to another question about kids using/not using utensils to eat. Some of the replies sounded like the parents are not sitting at the table with the kids. I think that's odd. What do you do in your home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• We sit at the table together for the most part. Breakfast my son is the only one eating, but I still sit there. Sitting with your baby, toddler or kids will only teach them how to eat correctly and not like pigs!
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• We have supper every night at the table, have since they were babies. Our kids love supper time, we talk about our day, they love telling us what they did at school, etc..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yes, we all sit at the table for meals.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yeah for the most part i do. Or unless i've got some laundry to throw it or they aer eating while I'm doing that dishes. Its nice to sit down as a family, have the tv off and talk about anything and everything. That is a great way to bond with your family.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 10:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• We do and practice manners. We're working on cutting right now. I can take them into any restaurant and they know how to behave well but still working on the manners. Ages 5 and 6.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My baby is only 6 months old. But he sits with us when we eat - if he is up. When he's older we'll sit with him.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• absolutely.. otherwise they won't eat..
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 10:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• nope...she eats w/ the dogs...
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• For lunch and dinner yes because I'm eating too. for breakfast no cuz I'm usually unloading/reloading the dishwasher or starting a load of laundry.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Breakfast and Lunch, no but I am in the room with them so if they need help with whatever when they are eating I can help. They eat those meals in the kitchen at their little table. I am usually doing dishes or cleaning the floor or something. At dinner we all sit in the dining room and eat together when dh gets home. We even put our 5 month old in her bumbo and she sits on the table so we can talk to her too.
    Anonymous