Anyone care to make a prediction on the Brown vs Coakley special senate election in Mass.?

The race is getting lots of money pouring in on both sides since it decides whether or not the democrats keep their 60-seat-super-majority in the senate or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Go Brown, that is one fine beef cake lmao! But seriously, Brown leads 65% to 21% among voters not affiliated with either of the major parties. So keeping fingers crossed!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Right now it's too close to try to predict anything, but I sure do hope Brown wins.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 11:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'm rooting for Brown. I just read that he has the endorsement of the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, which is affiliated with the SEIU. Looks like its going to be an interesting race.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hope Brown wins. I think if he does the Dems will push this vote and block him from being sworn to office so they can pass this Healthcare non reform bill. They are low enough to try anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• If Brown wins (and I hope he does!), it will mark a MAJOR shift in Massachusetts politics--imagine a fiscally conservative Republican taking Ted Kennedy's seat! LOL

But like Anon above said....if he wins, I have no doubt the Democrats will stall with every trick up their sleeves to delay his swearing in, and "recounting" of votes. I'm sure they'll even find a few boxes of absentee ballots in some custodial closet, just like in the Franken v. Colburn race!

And of course Coakley believes there are "no terrorists in Afghanistan!" (yes, it's a blog, BUT it contains original links available ANYWHERE--that doesn't cherry pick, that is! LOL)  I believe even liberals think we should be in Afghanistan!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Go Brown! The dems have already said if he wins they will push his confirmation back until after the healthcare bill is voted on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Brown all the way! I heard the predictions of stalling after the vote if he wins. First Coakley will contest the vote and they will do anything they can to hold up his confirmation. Of course we could take Barney Frank to heart and believe his horror at that suggestion that they would ever do anything like that. LOL
    I do think if Brown wins and the Dems start that crap, they can kiss the house and the Senate goodbye in 2010/2012. All hell will break loose in America.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Ihope Brown wins, but I put NOTHING past the low life dems in the senate.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Too close, I think at this point to call, but we're voting Brown.

I will say that I think Coakley's done a terrible job handling the pressure that's come about in recent days. Between the typical negative political ads (which are prefaced by the words "Martha Coakley: A different kind of politician"), the fact that her own advertising manager put out an ad in which they mis-spelled "Massachusetts", and one of her aides shoving a reporter onto the ground (although she claims she didn't see it...that AP photo of her staring right at the guy on the ground must be fake or something then)...they've made a mess of things. The "Scott Brown stalkers" I think is how she referred to anyone with right-leaning or conservative tendencies on the news yesterday.

I'm enjoying watching Brown stay away from the negative ads and going a new route. I'd love to see him pull it out. He did a hell of a job in the debates.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 12:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Keeping my fingers crossed for Brown, for sure !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2010