I am 7 weeks pregnant w/first baby, any advice to someone who recently had knee surgery and still on a walker, constipated, having severe chest pain that doctors cant identify...and what the hell can I eat to feel full and has fiber? Frustrated but blessed.

Blueyz1981

Asked by Blueyz1981 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I eat jalapenos. That helps with the constipation. Also drinks lots of water.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Oooh, I've had knee surgery - not fun.

On the plus side for your knees you're not really going to do a lot of the weight gain for a while (most of it's in the 3rd trimester).

...so you still have time to really work on physically therapy and recovery to get your knees strong before that extra strain hits. Just be sure to let your physical therapist know you're pregnant, since that might change what exercises they assign.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• For the constipation: drink lots of water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Avoid meat, dairy, bananas, simple grains (white flour, white rice, etc.), processed sugars like high fructose corn syrup and bleached sugar.

Build your meals around legumes (at least two servings a day), whole grains (5-6 servings a day) and fruits and vegetables (7-8 servings a day, in at least three different color)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i agree with rkoloms.
    not sure about your chest pain...sometimes ribs can be out of place and a chiropractor can help.
    congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2010