what do you look forward too most about getting old?

I am just so happy to think one day I will get to stay up late, and just relax in my living room, watch tv or whatever. I am talking when my kids are older...like when they move out or when they are old enough to basically watch themselves...

I love being a mom and I love them more than anything, but I am so excited to think one day I will get to sit in a recliner and read a book without being interupted...I think they both have rader, because when I do anything without them ( when they are sleeping) they can sense it and wake up and come find me ...no matter when or where it never fails...lol......so i guess my main answer is just going to be able to have "me - time" and the fast that I will have grandbabies, and get to tell them stories about when their mommy or daddy was little and stuff..

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 10:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• STILL BEING ALIVE. I have kidney disease, so that for me is a little more uncertain then it is for a healthy person.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I look forward to grandchildren.. Ours are 13, 7 and 6 yrs old. It's easier now than it was when they were babies, toddlers. I miss the baby days sometimes. I loved holding them so at night I still read to them all snuggled up in one of their beds.. They love it as much as I do.
    You will have plenty of me time Momma, I know it seems far off now but the day will come and then you will miss them,lol.. I do now when all of ours are at school all day.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• being able to say stuff that makes no sense but people have to just go along with it...cause I'll be old lol
    Anonymous

• Having Grandchildren

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• grandkids..
    sleeping in...
    staying up late..
    a nice clean organized house..
    spending LOTS of money on my grandchilden and filling their parents house with junk, like mine is now....lol
    not having to pack up lots of stuff just to "run" to the store..
    But in reality this will be nice, but I will MISS my little ones and wish they were little again.. :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• well, for me, the context this is asked in is silly. 'old' to me, is my 98yo client who's daughter brings her in every monday for a shampoo/blow-out on her cute little bob-haircut. 'having grandchildren' means my age right now..i don't have any, as my child is almost 5..but quite a few of my contemporaries do have grandchildren (or can, since their 'children' are well into child-bearing ages)..i'm 40..is that 'old' to you? LOL...
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I totally am going to put that blueish tint in my hair when it's all white and fluffy...just because you can totally get away with eccentric things like that when you're old without anyone saying anything.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• LMFAO mogen!! I've seen quite a few older ladies at Wal-Mart with HUGE fuschia nests on their heads.

I can't wait to have all the time in the world to watch Matlock, Murder She Wrote, and Gunsmoke. I can't wait to spend all day thinking about whether to go to McDonald's for a child's size cheeseburger or not. I can't wait to tell people exactly what I think without any worry of repercussions.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Thehairnazi, I can't IMAGINE being a grandma at 40! I know it's a possibility since I'm 20 years older than my daughter, but jeez I hope she waits until I'm a little older than that. My grandparents were in their early 40's when my older brother was born. That would make me feel so old, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Doing the typical old person speech.
    " Back in my day we walked to school up hill both ways in the snow barefoot"
    LOL I love it when I hear that from my grandpa. LOL He grew up in hesperia CA LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2010