Does anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do.. I am torn i would love to be a stay at home mom but we can't afford it since we can barly afford our house now. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to handle this situation.

sarah_jo05

Asked by sarah_jo05 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• sounds like my situation now....only there is no employment here...I've been applying for months and months.......follow ups and everything....sad thing is I have 2 BA degrees......how does this happen????
    Anonymous

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would suggest you go out and pound the pavement deary. It's the ONLY way to find a job these days... and let me tell you THEY ARE OUT THERE... it's just that no one is taking any initiative to get one. Think of it this way, you will actually have a leg up just by going out and applying... it's more than most are doing right now. Staying at home is going to get you no where fast... not to mention homeless. If you cannot afford it on ONE salary, you simply HAVE TO WORK. See, I think far too many women get pregnant thinking they can just stay at home with the kid... WRONGO.... Far too many of these women are on welfare just because they want to stay at home. I have actually started to call some in... you cannot do this. GET OFF the couch and GO GET A JOB... I as an honest citizen, DO NOT WANT TO SUPPORT SAHM!!!! It's wrong.... They need to support themselves... HONESTLY!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Open up an in home daycare. That way you are home with your own children and get payed for them to have playmates. You can write off parts of your mortgage and utilities on your taxes as business expenses, etc. You will have to get licensed and take CPR courses, but it is very possible to do this.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• good idea slw123!
    also, many people are now looking for people to look after their elderly parents...some aren't even high maintenance, just looking for company!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2010