Measuring Ahead..4 weeks

I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead. Those who have also measured ahead, what ended up being the cause of it?

OneBlessedMomma

Asked by OneBlessedMomma at 11:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Measuring ahead means nothing. Pick up a pregnancy book and read it.
    Anonymous

• That means nothing sorry LOL
    Your baby could had been flipped or you could have more water.
    I measured big the whole time also had ultra sound measure me at 43 weeks at 36 weeks LOL
    I still went to 39 weeks and was induced.. ( medical reasons)
    With my son I measured big as well the whole time and had him at 40 weeks 4 days
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I measured 4 weeks big at my 25 week checkup and then continued to be 2 or 3 weeks ahead the rest of the time. At 40 weeks I measured 42 weeks. I ended up being induced at 40 weeks 5 days because the ultrasound tech said my baby was only weighing in at 6lbs 12 ounces and her fluid was low. In the end she weighed 8lbs 7.5 ounces and was healthy .... in other words all of measuring and ultrasounds meant nothing .... :) goodluck
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I measured ahead, but the doctor told me everything was fine and healthy. He didn't look worried, so I'm guessing that happens often. The measurement is more of an approximation anyways. But my baby DID end up being 9 lb 11 oz! lol. Just a coinsidence, though.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i measured ahead, and it was twins!
    i had extra fluid too.
    is your due date coreect?
    how did they measure?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My last app. (24 weeks)was the only time I've been measured with the measuring tape thingy. I am almost 28 weeks now, so I'll see what I measure next week at my appt.(If I'm measured) I haven't had an ultrasound since 19 weeks, so not sure if my baby is measuring big now or not. I'm not having an epidural, so, I hope I don't have a 9lb baby! LOL!
    OneBlessedMomma

Answer by OneBlessedMomma at 12:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010