How much time do you HONESTLY spend actually playing with your children each day?

Do you sit and play with your kids? How much? How often? What do you actually play?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well I am a stay at home mom of 4, so i'm with them all day long basically... I don't play ALL day long, other wise nothing would get done. And luckily since I have 4 of them, they are pretty good at playing with each other and keeping busy. But I do love to spend time with them. I'd say from the time they wake up til they go to bed, i sit down and play with them for at least 10 outta the 13 14 hours that they are awake. Depending on the day, if we go out somewhere, where they can play with others kids besides their siblings than its a little less.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am also a stay-at-home mom. I have an 8 month old and a 2 year old. My kids learn so quickly, and I believe that a lot of that has to do with the time I spend playing with and interacting with them. I love to play with my kids, and they learn better when it is made fun. When their daddy comes home, he spends some one on one time with them. They are my life, and I couldn't imagine life any different. I will start college in the fall and think that it will be reeeeaaaaaally difficult for me to be away from them. To answer your question exactly, I guess I spend about 7-8 hours interactivly playing with my kids. They take about a 2 hour nap each and sleep in late, too. (lucky me!), so that gives me plenty of "me time".
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My 3 year old goes to preschool 4 hours a day, but when he's home I spend ALOT of time interacting with him...We go outside,goto the park when its nice,play board games,he LOVES playing matchbox cars and trains so when daddy is busy Im good enough to play lol,we also spend ALOT of time doing learning activities that he brings home from school-and I volunteer ALOT in his classroom,and try and go on EVERY field trip with him! I wouldnt change it for the world,my sons my life!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my daughter gets my attention when ever she needs it!.... sometimes im buggin her to do somethin, lol.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 8:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I play with my girls about ten hours a day, but what is hard for me is the one on one time cause when one wants my attention so does the other.
    TuckerTwinsMom

Answer by TuckerTwinsMom at 8:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• gee idk how much exactly i play with them but i do play with them alot actually. we like to play trains, a game called motor boat baby (which they hide and i come and find them with the baby and make a funny noise like a motorboat lol.. lame i know but they love it), we read books, we play tickles, i let my 4yo help (well sometimes the 2yo too) when cooking or baking, i play their toys with them. even when i'm nursing the baby i still can do something with them, but usually it's reading a book or singing while they dance. just keep in mind you don't have to break your neck to entertain a kid.... they are easily amused (empty paper towel roll microphone anyone?? lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010