Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know where I can get some good free mortgage counsel fast?

I've been in the process of getting a mortgage adjustment for the last six months and FINALLY got the final paperwork today. What I didn't realize until I read over it, is that it will give me an adjustable interest rate mortgage, which I am NOT ok with! What's the point of an adjustment when they can raise it at any time? However, if I don't sign it and send it in, I'm assuming I'll be responsible for the difference between the trial payments I've been doing for the last 6 months and the regular payments, plus late fees. And besides, I'm really afraid we won't be able to keep up our payments, since they already tried raising them on us due to "insufficient escrow balance." Anyone been through this???


Asked by Adelicious at 11:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 22 (13,157 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • there is one called the hope hotline, if you have Wells Fargo good luck, we went through all of that with them and still lost the house because the same thing. They sent the paper work and it was nothing like what we agreed on over the phone. Then they said if we didn't sign within a certain amount of time they would foreclose. Well the house was a shithole that we paid way to much for. My DH bought it when it was a sellers market and they really ripped him off, so we let them have that dump. We moved into my dads house because he had been renting it out. Well when the renters left he couldn't find anyone to rent for a couple of months so when we moved in we were working with Wells Fargo, to straighten out the behind payments. My dad was NEVER late so they actted like they where willing to work it out. Then decided to just foreclose. So now we are going to rent to own, at least we can talk to the people we owe.

    Answer by PsychMommie at 11:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

  • sounds like you're getting dicked ... I would call a real estate lawyer asap.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

  • I would call a local bank or a local mortgage company.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2010