is anyone else frustrated with having nothing???

Ok so I am a single mom to four kids. I give up everything for them of course because my kids come first. I want them to have everything I didnt have growing up. But I need to vent. Its so bad that I dont even have a bed to sleep in or any furniture to put in my room that is sitting their down the hall way collecting dust. I moved in here in sept. and still either sleep with my daughters or on the sofa. I am just so frustrated, i wonder when I will have something for myself. Does anyone else go through this? lol probably not to the extreme where you have no bed but any situations the same? sorry i needed to vent...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes....ever since my divorce I have been struggling to support my two boys and go to school full time in a state where I don't know a soul......I keep waiting and praying to god to please o please give me a break ....my boys always have new clothes and shoes and haircuts....myself...I'm still workin with the same junk I've had for years........everything that i earn goes to bills, more bills and more bills all so I can care for my boys and myself....
    Anonymous

• When I left my 1st husband I got an apt with my 3 girls. We had very little. A TV sat on the floor, my sister gave me a couch she didn't want. It sagged when we sat in it.
    The kids had beds,I didn't.
    We had a card table for a kitchen table.
    Over time I collected things and gradually built up my belongings. What I hated was people would give me their crap. I welcomed anything but still it wasn't fun having junk. After my first tax return I bought new stuff and that felt good for a change to have new things.
    Keep your chin up and know that this is temporary and soon you will have enough of what you need. BTW there are some areas that give you things like "bridging" in The Minneapolis area. They have a warehouse full of household items for families that don't have enough.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2010