Why do people who are against pot so uneducated about the subject?

I noticed whenever there is a pot question on here people say stuff like if you get caught you'll definitly go to jail. No, you'll probably pay a citation unless it was enough to sell. Or, you'll lose your kids. Nope, I know tons of people who have been cited for possession and still posess their kids. What about all the famous people who openly did it. They still have kids. If everyone who got busted with pot was put in jail we wouldn't have room for all the child molesters. Or all people who smoke pot are partiers and people who don't want to deal with life. Some of our US presidents cultivated marijuana and smoked while pondering major decisions. Many people around us smoke pot and are very succesful people. I bet we all know someone who does and just doesn't tell. I no longer do myself, but I just think people who were never around it seem to have a lot of twisted ideas about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Anon 04-- haha thats funny

aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• either you pay a ticket or get arrest ( i have known plenty that got arrested and lost kids) it is still a stupid thing to do.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i lived in the ghetto all my life and trust me, you do get arrested, maybe your state is different, but in mine, you get arrested. I'm very much against pot. Also just because successful people smoke weed, doesnt make it ok. Successful people also do coke and heroin, so is that ok also.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, but how many times did they get arrested before the kids got taken away. There is usually way more to the story than just $30 worth of pot.
    Anonymous

• Some of our US presidents cultivated marijuana and smoked while pondering major decisions.
    ------------------------

That explains soooooo much.
    Anonymous

• So true. CPS knows that I smoke pot. My mother in law thought she would get me in trouble by calling them. I told them that yes, I do smoke pot but not around my children. All I did was sign a piece of paper saying that I wont smoke pot in front of my children and that was that. Even though I said I smoked pot they still made me take a drug test, which I of course tested possitive for marijuana.
    Anonymous

• We aren't talking about coke and heroin. We are talking about pot. Posession, not sales. It will be legal one day, watch. Alcohol was illeagal and we tell our kids in school about prohibition and bootlegging.
    Anonymous

• I have a client with 4 kids who has openly smoked for years and still has her kids. She doesn't do it in front of them and I don't think she is a bad person.

I got caught with pot once, the cop took it and dumped it out in the gutter and stepped on it.
    Anonymous

• One time I smoked pot with a welfare worker. Who would have thought!
    Anonymous

• The nurse I work with (RN) smokes pot and she is the best nurse I have ever known!! I've worked with a lot of nurses to! I agree with you OP.
    Anonymous