childs hair...

ok so what would you ladies do if the stepmom took your daughter for a haircut without asking you? I am the bio mom in this situation and her father only has her every other weekend IF that! and the SM took my daughter to get a haircut WITHOUT asking me first! i was soo upset i didnt say anything and hung up. She knew it would piss me off and was kind of talking to me in a "haha i did what you dont like" kinda tone. i want to talk to my daughters father about it but he has the additude of "haha" he dont care kind of thing, and if i tried talking to her about she would just give me the..."the world does not revolve around your f**king daughter f**k your daughter bull crap that she always does.....what do i do and how should i go about letting them know my concerns in a way they would understand and obide by?

melodysmomma04

Asked by melodysmomma04 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• unfortunately, divorce is very difficult. try as hard as you can to take the high road, it pays off in the end (not immediately). try to remember that hair grows back, and soon, your daughter will be older and will be more adamant about her own wishes.
    Good Luck to you, and i'm sorry for your troubles.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Unfortunately if they have those kinds of attitudes, there's nothing much you can do, unless your daughter voices her opinions on not wanting to get her hair cut etc.
    I would be mad too! But it does grow back!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Depends... Do you have sole custody? If you do, then stop visitation at the Dads house. I am sure they would get the picture.
    Anonymous

• You can always ground your daughter. She wasnt completely voiceless with this. A good portion of it is her fault.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• shes 5 yrs old...she did not want to get her hair cut, bc she said she wants her hair like mine which is long. i dont have sole custody unfortunately but i am in the middle of going back and forth to court to fight for more custody...my daughter got brought back home and was in tears bc of her haircut! and the step mom just doesnt care!
    melodysmomma04

Answer by melodysmomma04 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Then dont allow her to go back over there for awhile. Sounds like the step mom is a major bitch. Good luck with that!
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 12:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Tell them that if it happens again, they won't see your daughter UNTIL her hair grows back to where it was before they F*cking cut it! I would be really pissed off as well. If they threaten to take you to court, tell them to go ahead. When you get to court, let them know what they did without your consent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• yea we currently have joint custody....50/50 but i feel i do most of the taking care of her. clothes food shelter everything...all he does is 75 bucks every two weeks and sees her every other weekend....if he decides he wants to pick her up....so i am going back to court to fight for more custody since he doesnt want to help out in any other way. thanks for your help ladies!
    melodysmomma04

Answer by melodysmomma04 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2010