Is it just a phase?

My son turned 1 on Jan 2. Up until his first birthday he was doing really good with us laying him down drowsy and he would go to sleep. Now he will not go to sleep unless he is rocked, and it has to be his daddy though. We have done the cry it out method up to an hr at a time and it doesn't seem to work. Why would he be needing his dad to rock him all of a sudden?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son goes back and forth with this. We never have to rock him, but some weeks only Dad can put him to bed and some weeks only I can. Instead of rocking, he has to be tucked in like seven times. He hated being swaddled as an infant but won't go to sleep now unless he's a burrito again. My son is two btw.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yeah my daughter goes back and forth between being perfectly fine, and wanting to fall asleep while breast feeding, she turned one on the 10th.. but its just a phase.. tell daddy to enjoy it because when that little boy is 16 he's going to miss this time he gets with him
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2010