Pat Robertson and Haiti

Does this man have any right to make judgements like this:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

I guess so, after all we have a freedom of speech.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 12:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 12:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• well..like you said, everyone in this country has freedom of speech..doesn't make what he says (or anyone else) acceptable or likeable. just check it under that umbrella of tolerance.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Pat Robertson is a tool! I didnt even look at the link..but I can imagine what he is saying..I dont like him.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• He is saying pretty much that Haiti is being punished for making pact with the devil in the past, namely gained independence from the French in the XIX century. Nice.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 12:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Pat Robertson IS a tool. And I am pretty sure this is not just my opinion anymore. Pretty much confirmed it.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I do not follow Pat Robertson and I truly believe he is mis informed about why this happened to Haiti. I do not think he understand the power of God's love and Grace. I do believe that sin does have its consequences but I do not believe God is punishing them but that sin brought this upon them. What happens next is up to the people of Haiti. I pray for His grace, love, mercy to be poured upon that entire nation and that they become free and turn to Him and acknowledge Jesus as Lord. God wants the people of Haiti to know Him and His love rather than the evil they have put upon themselves. Yes the powerful words of voodoo can do a lot of damage but the power of God's love is much greater and can heal the people and the land. Instead of making judgments about a land OR about Pat Robertson. Pray for healing of the people their bodies, their hearts and their land.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Pat is a asshat and anyone who thinks natural disasters and all the suffering and hardship they bring are a consequence of religious choices is an asshat as well.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Pat Robertson has the right to say what he wants to say. And I have the right to say he's a sanctimonious, demagogue. In this country we also have the right to follow our own spiritual (or non spiritual) beliefs. But mine doesn't subscribe to the thinking that a country's main religion makes them a target for destruction by a vengeful God.

Just as a side note...a lot of people misunderstand Vodou. There are many misconceptions about this religion.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Revolting.
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 5:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No its terrible that he would say that especially when they are still trying to find people who are buried. This is so hurtful to because there has been no contact with family members who are living there since it happened and families here have no idea if loved ones are okay.   Robertson blames every hurricane, earthquake, terrorist attack on the victims.  I don't recall him saying the same thing when the Mississippi flooded or tornadoes ripped apart the south, I could be wrong maybe it just never makes the news.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010