What style diamond ring do you have? (Never mind the size of the diamond)

I have a Marquis diamond I was looking at it and admiring it but then I noticed one of the prongs might be seperating from the diamond I mean the diamond is still intact by the other prongs (5) one on each point of the diamond and two on each side of the diamond. Should I take it in to the jeweler to have it checked?

What do they do exactly? Thank you ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you should have it checked at least every six months, depending on your personal habits/wear and tear with your hands..if you wear it all the time. the jeweler will repair the prong(s) and make sure it is set nice and tight. not an expensive repair at all.but if you don't check/repair it, and lose the diamond..whoa!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have a princess cut with diamonds on each side set in white gold. It should be checked every 6 months.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• diamonds are overrated

I don't own any jewelry. Seems like such a waste of money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My engagement ring is 3 round cut diamonds, and then my wedding band is 10 smaller round cut diamonds. Both are white gold. I was never a fan of the round cut, but when looking for rings, I fell in love with the ring that I have on. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have a round center stone in my wedding ring. DH was overwhelmed with all the decisions so he chose what he'd seen me wear the most of. He did very well :)
    Take your ring in, have them tighten the prong. It shouldnt be more than $20 just for the tightening. It only takes one hair to lift it completely and its so easy to bump your hand and your diamond get knocked loose or lost.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Get your ring checked by a jewler, they'll probably do it for free, or if it needs tweaked, for a minimal cost...do it now, if you lose the diamond you'll be heartbroken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I don't have a diamond ring.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2010