Could you do a mercy killing?

I just watched an episode of Law & Order: SVU where a mother was convicted of murdering her 1 month old who had Tay-Sachs and said she didn't want her baby to suffer.
It brought up a question: Could you kill your 1 month old baby after finding out that he or she had a terminal condition that would cause them to be in a lot of pain and there was no cure or anything to help? And why?

I myself wouldn't be able to. I look at my 11 week old son and think that even if he was in horrific pain from something I would never be able to rid him of, I couldn't do it. I would how ever do everything in my power to make sure he was a comfortable as possible until his time was up.

What would you do and why?

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I could never do that either. I'm someone that holds out hope for a miracle.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 9:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2010