DF and I are of different religions...so what about vows?

My DF is Christian although he doesnt go to church, read the bible or "live for jesus" or any of that. he just believes in God. I am atheist.
We have agreed to have a ceremony that is laid back and quick. No bible, no mention of "holy matrimony" etc. Our dear friend is going to marry us (I live in a State where anybody can do it.) I dont want to leave my fiance's beliefs completely out of the ceremony but he doesnt seem to want a religious ceremony either. Is there any way we can incorporate God for his and our family's sake?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I am having a hard time trying to think of a way we can acknowledge both of our ideas.

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 12:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My self and my dh are different religions and we did our vows and swore to be there and support each other through the ups and downs and we swore to each other " As long as our love shall last" . There are many ways you can make it individual to the two of you and still have it very special. I am sure you well find the answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My first husband and I had the same dilemma when we got married. We decided to leave it civil and not get into the spiritual aspect.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• we arent arguing over this at all. We are both very respectful about eachothers ideas. So I wouldnt consider it a dilemma. I more or less just want to make sure that I am not being selfish by leaving "God" out of the ceremony. I am trying to see if we need to include it even though DH says its not necessary and if so, where do we fit it in?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2010