• In the Spotlight:

To Those Who ONLY want Sons and no Daughters....

I gather from the REPLIES to this post that some of you would REALLY HATE to have a daughter.

Many of you talk about how bad girls are, well those boys you are going to bring you The dreaded Daughter iN law!!

Just something to think about.......

I'd much rather be the FAVORITE grandparent than to be the DREADED MIL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i only have one daughter, but i do hope to have a son one day...with that being said...when i was pregnant i thought i was having a girl...all signs pointed towards girl..and when i went into labour, i had an emergency c section, and when they cut my baby outta me, they said "congradulations its a BOY" and my heart just sank to the ground...i did NOT want a boy!!! at all!!!!! and then about 3 seconds later they said "no no its a GIRL" and all i can remember thinking was ohhh thank god!!!! those first few thoughts i had in those 3 seconds made me fell soooo horrible!! its been almost 6 years and i still feel bad for feeling that way, cuz all i think about was, if it was a boy, my first thoughts of him werent good ones!! and it woulda been hard to know that i woulda had to live with that the rest of my life!! makes me sounds horrible, i know...but..i had my reasons for not wanting a boy, so im glad i had a girl!! next time!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/358624/What_do_you_think_that_says_about_someone_who_doesnt_care_to_ever_have_girls

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You really are stuck on this aren't you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• lol - I didn't see anything from anyone that says they don't want daughters, and honestly, I didn't go read that link.

I can't imagine why someone would be dead set against having either gender of child. Because frankly, as women, to not want girls is basically a form of self hatred, and to not want a son, when, again, it takes males to create a child as well (even if you go to a sperm bank, that sperm came from somewhere...), that, again, is stupid.

If you're that bothered by it, then I can't help but wonder what other things in your kids life that will "be a disappointment" or not, and that maybe they aren't really emotionally ready to be a parent...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yeah, I don't really care either. I didn't want a daughter either and didn't have one. But oh well who really cares?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have 4 sons. I wanted all sons before I had children but had I had all girls or a mix of boys and girls I would have been fine with it and would have loved daughters just as much as sons. As a matter of fact, my 3rd child WAS a girl and I was thrilled. Sadly, she was stillborn when I was 6 mos. along which was devastating. After that all that mattered was having a healthy child. As it happened, after my 4th son was born I had to have my tubes tied due to health issues so I only had sons. I am just a mom who was meant to raise sons. Mothers of sons have the job of raising boys in to strong, loving and kind males. I have done that. My oldest is married and his wife is always commenting on what a wonderful husband he is and has thanked us for raising him to be how he is. My other 3 sons have always treated their girlfriends with respect. I have done my job well and really, that's all that matters to me.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• BTW, I love being a MOBO (mom of boys only). I have amazing sons who I am very close to & I wouldn't change that. I never felt sad that I didn't have a daughter because the with sons you still get to have daughters when your sons marry. I have a very close relationship with my 23yo's wife and she calls me mom. I am very close to my 22 and 19yo's girlfriends as well and my 18yo's ex-gf and I are still close even though they are no longer together (they dated for 2 years and I am like a 2nd mom to her). She calls me mom and we still go tout and do things together. I also have a "heart daughter" who is now 24 and who I have known since she was 14 years old and became friends with my sons. She calls me mom & her 6yo daughter calls me grandma. I just wanted all sons from the time I wanted children. Not because I hate females but because being a MOBO just seemed right. It was just meant to be this way.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Geez OP....nothing to say after that last replier posted???
    Anonymous