For the moms that have had their tubes tied I have a personal question

My apologies if it is TMI but I was curious!

On November 11th I had to have an emergency c-sec, after my son was born they tied up my tubes. I bled my regular 2 weeks post baby like I had done with my 2 previous children. Dec 10-17 I started bleeding again lightly and figured it was my 1st period since haveing the baby. Well I haveyet to start bleeding again. This is the longesti have ever went between periods when I wasn't pregnant. Now I HIGHLY DOUBT that I am pregnant but I was wondering how long it took everyone for their cycles to return to normal and could my tubes getting tied affect my period like this?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 1:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It did change my cycle, and it changed my period in terms of length of heaviness as well. But, childbirth itself also did that. I have done a lot of research lately on this, and have found conflicting statements. Some say that basically the instant your tubes are tied, you can't get pregnant; others say that you can for a month or two as the body continues the healing process. And of course, there's also the failure rate, which varies depending on the source you find and the circumstances surrounding the tubal. I wouldn't worry too much. Take a test if you're truly concerned, but I'm pretty sure that it's just childbirth and breastfeeding, as well as the stress (I can only imagine how stressed you must be if your son is in the NICU).
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I am pumping and storing my son is in the NICU and his feeding go off and on
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would hazard a guess that your strange cycles are due more to the breastfeeding than the tubal. When I BFd my middle child I had weird cycles. Some were 21 day all the way to 47 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Oh wow ok thank you, that makes a lot of sense to me :-) I just wasn't sure if it was because my body was still healing or what.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• As for the tubes I did not have a change in my cycle. BUT when you Breastfeed(this includes pumping) you MAY not have a cycle for a while some not till after they stop some people still have one. It sounds like you will be a lucky one!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2010