Anyone else in the process of quitting smoking?

Today is day 1 for me. I am going cold turkey and don't plan on picking another one up ever. I guess it pays to be hard headed.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good luck, I am on Chantix and getting off of my cigs. a little at a time. In 2 weeks I have gone from 2 pack aday to 1 so I am slowly cutting down. I can not just stop, when I start thinking about it my stomach ties up in knots and I get so nervous. Good luck again, I hope you are able to give them up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• good job!!! i would love to quit...but its almost as if im scared to for some reason....i dunno...i know how i get when its been a couple hours since my last one...so..i dunnnnnnnno...unless i can like stay in bed for a week and not have to talk to anyone or do anything..then id be ok!!! i quit cold turkey when i was pregnant...i dont know why i ever started back up again!! stupidest decision ever!!!!! but good for you!!!! wish ya all the best!!

i gave up pop and chips starting this year...and havent had either of those so far!! and its been like 13 days!!! considering i used to eat and drink those everyday, im doing pretty good....next task will be smoking!! but i figured i couldnt give up pop chips and smoking at the same time lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have been doing the cold turkey bit since January 1st. It's actually not going too badly although my husband says I've been cranky....I say I wouldn't be cranky if he'd get off his butt and do stuff around the house but whatever! If you're a mom, have a look at these links. They are my reminders as to why I'm doing this...that and my 18 month old twins.

http://www2.canada.com/edmontonjournal/photogalleries/largetemplate.html?topic=barb%20tarbox
    smoke-n-cough.blogspot.com/.../thanks-tobacco-you-killed-my-mom.html (watch the video)

I look at the pictures of Barb with her child and just want to cry. I can't imagine missing out on my children's lives because I wanted to smoke.

Hang in there!

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2010