Child Support Question

Id just like to hear from ppl who actually KNOW bc they have either dealt with this or are in the profession to say so, but Im wondering if when a child support order is established and the birth costs were handled through medicaid, if the father just has to pay back for the birth and if that subtracts from the support amount owed, or if he has to pay for the birth and state costs, and then in addition give some support from the day of child support filing and on. I am in Michigan if that helps. Thanks! Even a website would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Since the birth was covered by medicaid, it's already covered, they won't make him pay any of those costs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Girl every night you are on here asking about this kind of thing. Just relax, and let things happen. Staying stressed isn't goin to help anything or you or the child. Since paternity wasn't established when you had medicaid there is a chance the state won't make him pay it back, the best thing to do is ask them. They can tell you whether or not the chances are high that they will make him pay it back.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have already been told he will have to pay them back...he wasnt at the birth if that has anything to do with it. either way the state is going to be requesting this of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• that was not the question but thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think this is what the site is for...to get some answers from ppl who have been through it. who is anyone to say whether or not i am spending too much time on here. its my time btw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have know a lot of men that have had to pay the state back, the state will take your IRS check as well as can take anything that is in his name if they want to. With all the people on medicaid chances are very high they will go after him, as they should. But honestly, let him deal with it, he played now he has to pay.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I never stated you spend to much time on here, taking comments out of context is not going to help.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I will love 2 help but I stay in illnois and the rules are much different
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 5:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2010