Did your kid do this?

My daughter just turned one on the 10th... she LOVES books, and she's already grabbing them off the shelf and turn the pages and looking at each one talking to it and then turning the page and talking to the next page.. like she's reading like a big girl :)

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 1:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter loved books around that age. I would read the same one over and over. After a time, she knew the story and wouldact as if she was reading it herself when in reality she was repeating what I was saying. You should be happy that she loves books. Read to her as much as you can. FYI - my daughter is 9 now and has begun to write her own stories. Reading books can have a wonderful impact on your child's life!

teacher

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 1:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes, my kids did that when they were little (they're teenagers now). I read to them a lot (I didn't push it though, when they got bored, we would stop), and they both love to read to this day :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Take it as a blessing now because when she gets older, she might not want to read at all in school. Just keep it interesting and try different voices for characters.
    JenStar28

Answer by JenStar28 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2010