How do I have a warm heart again?

My SO and I have had some rough times and I have been hurt so much by him as well as others, that I feel cold inside. So much that I didnt feel anything when my son was born. or when I first held him. or when I kiss my husband. some nights I dont even care if he comes home from work or not. How do I get that warmth back that I had before? I feel like its too late to even try.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I know what you mean, it's like the warm loving person ppl fell in love with is gone, like the spark inside what made you love life is gone. due to stress and anger from being hurt..I'm there with you and have wondered that myself! I'd say for us both, forgiveness, if we can't forgive...then move on until we're happy....we can't fake happiness, not when we're living/looking at someone who hurt us...it's easy for that hurt just to be rubbed raw...it's like it never heals, every fight the scab is torn off, only left to bleed. Okay, I'm preaching at myself and sounding like my psychologist now haha :) Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I hate to say it but maybe your a little depressed? I felt like that for a while after my daughter was born.. i took some anti depressants for a while just to get me back on my feet
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010