My son has to roll around in his blanket until completly exuasted is that normal?

He spins like an alligator if you try and hold him and will spin in the crib to the point his leg is stuck between the bars and screaming. He never got hurt but im scared his is going to. He is 13mon and this started at 9mon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We would sit in the room below where my daughter slept and it sounded like moving furniture! SHe would also talk and sing at the top of her lungs, and continued to do these things until she fell silent. I don't think she stopped this, actually, until she was a little over two. Now she might have a conversation or two with a stuffed animal, but I guess she probably closes her eyes and actually tries to go to sleep before she falls asleep. It's developmentally normal. Unless you really think he's going to hurt himself or break the crib, no worries.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My son started the whole rolling around thing as soon as he could roll. In the middle of the night we would wake up because of him banging into the crib sides. Now it's chewing on the blanket. I say just give it some time. And if you are concerned for his safety, get the bumpers that are made of breathable fabrics like mesh so he won't awaken with bumps and bruises.
    JenStar28

Answer by JenStar28 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You ever see a cat try to get comfortable? lol. my daughter fusses around before she falls asleep to. Don't worry...he'll out grow it! :) If not...well...his future wife will be making him sleep in his own seperate bed! LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010