Did you get emotional in the slightest when your child started kindergarten?

Did you get teary eyed, cry for a few hours or maybe have a total breakdown? My daughter will be entering K this fall and the thought of it makes a lump swell in my throat and my eyes get teary :o(

PinupsnPincurls

Asked by PinupsnPincurls at 2:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No i did not... I was happy she started kindergarten because she is getting older and yes its sad but i never for stuff like that. Kinda weird if you ask me. Just not who i am Lol... She started Kindergarten Sept of 2009. and well be going to 1st this Sept.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 2:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Never cry* sorry hubby asked me something and i thought i wrote cry.
    aeroslove

• nope i didnt either...i was sad...and when i got home the first day i pretty muh just paced around all day, i felt completely lost!!!!! it was so quiet!! i had time to clean, walk the dogs, but it was lonely!! shes been in kindergarten 4 months now, and im starting to get used to it...but i loved her home for 2 weeks at christmas, and i cant wait til her 2 weeks home in spring break!! especially cause some days like today, shes in school from 830-230..and then i had to work 3-10....so i really didnt get to see her..which sucks!!! but...i dont have a choice!! she needs school...and i need to work (even tho i wish i didnt..lol)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I only got emotional when my youngest entered kindergarten. I guess it was because I had no more babies in the house to take care of. Boo Hoo!
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 6:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Nope. I was just excited. I've gone through 3 kids in kindergarten with 1 to go (and another baby on the way so that will be 1 more). They are in 4th, 2nd and 1st grades this year. My youngest is 3 1/2 and in preschool 2 days a week (for 2 hours each day) and I didn't freak out when she started either. I was just happy and excited for her. I was really looking forward to her starting kindergarten in 2011. I'd have the house to myself for 6 hours...ahhh. But by then I'll have a 1yo to deal with so now I've got a few more years to wait (by the time this new baby starts kindergarten my oldest will be 15 and going into the 10th grade...yikes).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No, I didn't get emotional. I was excited though. Everyone always told me that I would cry but when I didn't I felt awful- I thought I had to be a terrible mom not to cry over it. Then he came home so excited that I knew I was right in not being upset.

Right now my kids are 2nd grade,5th grade and 12th grade and I will say I am very emotional about my senior. The thought of him graduating and going away to college is really rough and I usually get tears in my eyes just thinking about it.Everything he has done this year has been emotional for me...like his last highschool football game. I think it's because I feel as though my usefullness as a mom is ending, he won't need me anymore like he has for these last 18 years.
    MamaLori

Answer by MamaLori at 8:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i cried, i was so emotional about it that i got pregnant again ( not intentionally, though)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• oops, i did not cry in front of the kids!
    happy2bmom25

• I cried and cried and cried and cried. I was 7 months pregnant with Emily when Austin began Kindergarten.. I remember walking him to his class the first day, and he just ran in with excitement and I cried walking back up the hall. He didn't even hug me. But he wasn't thinking, and he knew I'd be back (and he had no idea how heart broken I was). It was really hard for a few months....but then after you get in the routine, it's no big deal. He'll be in 4th grade this fall, which I can't believe. It goes by so fast. I know how strong you are, and even if you cry....everything will still be just fine. And as a bonus, you'll get a little *me* time during the day.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I am a cry baby. I'll admit it. Sometimes I look at my daughter and I love her so much I start crying. She hasn't started kindergarten yet but I cry every year when I make her well visits with the pediatrician.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010