Why do you send your child to school rather than homeschool???

Spinoff.....
Seriously so many of you want your children in school so they can socialize. I homeschool mine so they can learn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I see the OPs point though. Most of the the reasons against HS are social reasons and people should be sending their kids to school to learn. On the flip side except for the crazies, HS parents are all about the kids education and alternatives for socializing. .
    Motricks68

Answer by Motricks68 at 3:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think that the teachers at school will do a better job than me, i suck at math, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Many reasons. First and formost, I do not have the patience to be around my kids 24 hours a day. I know this about myself and I accept it. Secondly if we want a roof over our heads and food to eat I have to work, luckily I work in a school so I work the same hours my kids are at school. Thirdly I want my kids to speak french, I do not speak french, hence someone else must teach them. My kids are in a french immersion school, my 2nd grader is quite fluent in french and my 6th grader is even more fluent, that is not something I could teach them and I am thankful that they have the opportunity to learn it. Finally I want them exposed to a variety of people. They've met and made friends with kids they'd never have met any other way. Kids of different ethnicities, from a variety of places, with a variety of backgrounds. The social aspect is not the #1 reason, but it is something they need to learn.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• There is no way that I could teach my children without accidentally pushing my own beleifs on them. I want them to go to school (not public) so that they can learn many different ideas from many different teachers.
    Also, I think socialization is very important. Kids CRAVE interaction that they wouldnt get at home. Most adults I know that were homeschooled wish that they weren't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i do not have the patience to teach my daughter...plus i know that if i even TRIED, i would just procrastinate and do other stuff,however, i am a single mom, and i need to work to support us, rent, food, bills, LIFE! so i dont have a choice!! PLUS, i dont know anyone with kids, my child has NEVER been on a playdate, she just started kindergarten this year, so she needs the interaction with other kids. i just know that a public school would do a whole lot better than i would!! so yaaa!! thats why!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I homeschooled my sons from 1995-2004. My older 2 were in school and then we pulled them out to homeschool. My oldest started back to school in 2001 when he was almost 16 and in the 10th grade, my 2nd son started back to school in 2003 when he was 15 and in the 9th grade & my younger 2 started school for the 1st time in 2004 as 7th graders. We put them in school because they wanted to play sports, be in band, be in drama, be involved in school clubs, etc.. They wanted to go to dances and enjoy their teen years. I fully support homeschooling but I firmly believe that teens need the social experience of high school. Before they started school they played community sports and were involved in community activities. I REFUSED to limit their friends to only homeschooled kids. They didn't know anyone but themselves who were homeschooled when they were younger, all their friends went to public school. It was a good balance for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• OP here:

I DO HAVE THE PATIENCE. I DO HAVE THE ABILITY. MY KIDS ARE NORMAL. Why must you bash something you are not capable of doing? Just because you don't understand it? Just because you cannot do it? I call that the epitome of being lazy. You just don't want to. That is all. Your children are not important enough for you to educate them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You came on here to stir something, OP with your holier than thou attitude about homeschooling.

TROLL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No. I am stating my opinion of non homeschoolers. That is what you all did. Most of you feel homeschooling is bad and that the children are socially retarded. You believe that homeschoolers cannot socialize. You send your kids to school to socialize. What part of this was not stated on the previous post. I am asking why you are sending your kids to school...is it to socialize or is it because you cannot homeschool? If you are not capable, fine, but why do you attack those who are?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Because I can...I send them to learn socialization, its a win win situation...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2010