What did you hate most about school?

I hated going to school because I was fat and was teased by the students and teachers. I was asked my weight by a teacher, in the middle of a classroom full of students. after delivering a projector to a class once. I never forgot or forgave that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My math classes, and the fact that my parents were super overprotective of me. I wasn't able to do hardly anything! I couldn't have friends over, outside of school dances, I had to go straight home, no hanging out at the ice cream shop with everyone else.

I never showed interest in getting into trouble or doing anything bad, I wanted to participate in so many extracurricular activities and my parents were just mean about it.

They made me quit the track team twice. I wasn't allowed to run track in the 10th grade. They threatened to pull me out of Band (although I was the drum major for 2 years and it was a CLASS I couldn't just get out of).

I couldn't even take driver's ed because my parents didn't want me going to school at 6:30 in the morning (although my uncle would drop me off that early anyway). They didn't want me to have a job or anything. I even had to beg them for lunch money! UGH!

Glad it's over!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I loved it all except for the going!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Oh and OP, that's really mean and inappropriate. I'm so sorry people did that to you! :( Makes me so sad! I mean, really? Call you out in front of people? How rude. :*(
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I was very shy and was teased for it all through my school years. The teasing made me more shy. High school was especially a struggle for me. Most days, I wished I would die. One example is one day I was sitting in the gym during lunch time and two older boys came and sat next to me and started talking to me. I was surprised because they weren't giving me crap about being shy, just talking. There was this girl named Vickie who made it her life's mission to make sure I felt like crap every day. She spotted us and and demanded to know what we were doing. And then she told the boys not to talk to me because I was too shy to deserve to be spoken to and then that became her new thing, to keep people from speaking to me.

I have mostly overcome the shyness. I would never want to do my childhood over again. It was just too painful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• The bullies. It was their mission to make me feel afraid. But I vowed that they would have karma bite them in the a$$. I am so glad that what goes around comes around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Math.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• MATH! I hated it so much I skipped it...and got caught by my dad at the local coffee shop..so I hid in the bathroom while my poor friend Lisa made a feeble attempt to lie to him.... I have no clue how long I was in there for but it seemed like forever...then he was waiting for me when I got home...sigh. We are so stupid when we're young!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• In elementary school the English book was titled "Language." And every time the teacher asked us to pull it out I had no idea what she was talking about.

I guess I didn't have it too bad.

I didn't really like having to take all those school books home though.

Now that I'm in college I HATE how much it cost! And I hate how you don't know what books you'll need until the first day of class. And if you order them online it takes a week to get there and then you end up being a week behind in the class right from the start.

UGH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• OP, that's terrible!! I'm so sorry that happened to you.

I mostly liked school. I had a couple teachers that I really disliked over the years, but what I hated most were the kids who bullied me and others for not being just like them. I didn't have the trendy clothes. I was shy. And I liked my classes (for the most part). So I was a target. Junior high was the worst.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I hated everything except band. After 9 years, I still couldn't play the clarinet, but band was my only escape. I had a psychology teacher try to make a fool out of me for not doing my homework.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2010