Scheduled C-Section

I recently found out I'm Pregnant.......From my last C-section my doctors informed me that because of the way they did my C- section I would have to have all C-sections for future deliveries! How do you schedule a C-section and it is days before or a week before your due date? Help please I don't see my doctor again for a few weeks!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I scheduled mine about a week before they did it, the csection was performed at 39 weeks.

Answer by missanc at 7:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• They do them at 39 weeks unless you request to let your baby pick his own birthday which would probably freak them out with a vertical incision. The doctor schedules it with the hospital about a month in advance. You just have to do the regular paperwork to keep the insurance and the hospital happy. You have plenty of time to figure that out over the next 6-8 months. BTW women have safely given birth vaginally with vertical incisions, but I can't even imagine the fight you would have to put up!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My 2nd and 3rd babies were scheduled c-sections. With my 2nd I was about 7-8mo pregnant and at one of my visits the doctor brought in his calendar to see what date would work for c-section. My son ended up being born 3 wk before the due date. With my 3rd son I was 8 1/2 mo and the doctor told me that with my due date (10 march) and his surgical schedule I had the choice of 2 march or 9 march to deliver. I chose 2 march to deliver.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• personally i would insist on NOT scheduling, and waiting until labor began on its own. when baby signals s/he's ready, labor will begin, then you will know you are not taking your baby out too early =) maybe schedule it for 42 weeks, and then they can do the c-section when you do go into labor if it's before that. gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Very few health care providers will let you get to 42 weeks. Where I work they are typically scheduled a few weeks ahead between 38-39 weeks.
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 11:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I've had 1 unexpected scheduled c-sections (found out at my 37 week appt that I would need a c-section so it was scheduled for the next week). My other 4 were scheduled normally. With my 2nd they waited until 3 weeks before my due date to set a date which really screwed up my husband's FMLA leave. His work was demanding to know when he would be gone. With the 3rd I asked to set a tentative date at around 6 months so my husband could get his paperwork done. Don't remember when they scheduled my 4th one. I knew they would want to do it at exactly 39 weeks so I figured the date out and that was the one we went with.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2010