am i a bad mom

well ......
like a week or so ago i was sitting in class and a class mate of mine had passed me a note that said u are a bad mom u should not have a baby and when i had asked ehr why she had said beacuse i am a hore beacuse i am not with the baby's dad i just want to know beacuse i have recentley been seaing this really great guy for about 3 mounths and he came and met dallas and he really showed like he cares and i just want to know dose that make me a bad mom

shaylynn15

Asked by shaylynn15 at 4:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You aren't a bad mom simply because you aren't with the father of your baby. But, honestly, I'm assuming that you're still in high school. Most of the time (not all of the time), those relationships don't last very long. So, while I'm sure the guy you are dating is a really great person, I don't think it's a good idea for him to be meeting your daughter.

I would suggest that you wait until you're serious about a guy, and he's serious about you, before you bring him around your daughter, just to save her heartache and confusion if / when you all break up. And I would suggest, again, for her sake and for yours, that you not get serious with a guy until you graduate at least. (NOT because you're a bad mom, but because being a mom is hard enough, and being a teen is hard enough, to add a new relationship into it makes it isn't a good idea.)

But you aren't a tramp just because you have a baby and aren't with the dad.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Not being with the father of your child doesn't make you a bad mom at all. Not caring for, feeding, loving, etc your child makes you a bad mom. Beating your child makes you a bad mom. Neglecting your child makes you a bad mom. Lots of women are not still with the father of their child. Just don't make it habit! Focus on school and your child and worry about boys later. I know it's nice to have someone but really, boys in highschool aren't the most reliable (there are some that are different of course but they are few and far between).

That person who wrote you that note is a bad PERSON. That's way worse! Who does she think SHE is to pass judgement on you? Tell her to go play in traffic....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Absolutely not. I am not with the father of my first child. My daughter was 4 months old when I met my new boyfriend (now fiance) My daughter is now over 2 years old...and we live together, and have a 7 month old son of our own. Not being with the father of your child does not make you a bad mother...and it certainly does not make you a whore. Sometimes assholes get us pregnant...and for the sake of our children, we need to leave, or they leave US. That doesn't make us whores... anyway, don't let it get to you...I'm sure you're a great mom. =)
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2010