If your husband/wife cheated on you

Would you automatically leave them? Do you believe the "once a cheater, always a cheater"?
And what about forgiveness? If you did stay, could you still make love, kiss them, TRUST them?
What if it was while you were separated?
And last but not least, what if they ended up getting pregnant, or getting someone else pregnant by it?

I know what most people say... But statistically it is shown most people DON'T leave someone who cheats...So what would you do? How would you stop loving them if you did leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Everyone makes mistakes....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes I'd leave. No I couldnt trust them. And I know my DH would not be forgiving if I were ever the one cheating. Not that I would. But he has been cheated on by many girlfriends and would never tolorate his wife cheating.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I stayed with my ex after I found out he cheated the first time. He then proceeded to continue to cheat, until I decided I had no choice but to leave. For him, "Once a cheater, always a cheater" definitely applies. However, I know couples who have made it thru, and their relationships are often as good as if not better than before the infidelity. Sometimes their relationships are a bit shakier, but that usually goes away once the trust has been rebuilt.

After my experience with my ex, I personally would probably give my boyfriend one chance, depending on the circumstances. Basically, if it was a one shot deal, he never saw her again, didn't know her, didn't care about her, told me himself without prompting or me finding out elsewhere, felt truly sorry, etc., then I would probably forgive. But only once. Second time, he'd be gone. Find out from her, it's ongoing, he doesn't feel bad, something like that, he'd be gone.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I am fascinated by these questions. My hubby is so boring and good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Would you automatically leave them? YES Do you believe the "once a cheater, always a cheater"? YES
    And what about forgiveness? If you did stay, could you still make love, kiss them, TRUST them? NONE OF THEM.
    What if it was while you were separated? THEN IT'S NOT REALLY CHEATING IN MY OPINION
    And last but not least, what if they ended up getting pregnant, or getting someone else pregnant by it? OOO MESSY

I know what most people say... But statistically it is shown most people DON'T leave someone who cheats...So what would you do? How would you stop loving them if you did leave? EVENTUALLY I GUESS...IT WOULD HURT LIKE HELL BUT MY KIDS AND I DESERVE BETTER THAN THAT.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Would you automatically leave them? NO-I DIDNT LEAVE

Do you believe the "once a cheater, always a cheater"? NO I DONT BELIEVE THIS

And what about forgiveness? ABLE TO FORGIVE

If you did stay, could you still make love, kiss them, TRUST them? YES I COULD IT A LITTLE TIME, BUT NOT A DRASTIC AMOUNT

What if it was while you were separated? DIDNT DO THAT

And last but not least, what if they ended up getting pregnant, or getting someone else pregnant by it? DIDNT HAPPEN SO I DONT KNOW

momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 7:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my husband cheated on me more than once and also with one woman in particular for the past 12 years i love him i have stayed they even have a child who is going to be 2 soon. I love him like he is my own. I can be friends with her when he isn't cheating with her. He has been honest about what goes on between them and when it happens. She loves him I love him I have 2 children with him she has 1 both of us have left at one time or another in the last yrs. But we always come back. NO its not right NO its not the type of marriage i wanted or even deserve. I am at a loss when it comes to us we have our good and our bad. But even the cheating and the baby can't kill my love. Am I really as Stupid as i feel at times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I honestly don't know what I'd do. I've never been faced with this challenge. But there are other issues on the table for me that would affect my decision to leave or stay.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have always said my whole life that I would leave and never look back. But now that I have been married a while and I am so deeply in love with my husband that I would have to seriously consider our future together. If it was a one time thing then I could probably forgive him, but it would take a lot of time. But if I found out it was an on going thing and he had been seeing a woman for a few months then yes I would leave. I can forgive one mistake, but to have an actual relationship would just kill, and I deserve better than that.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I tried to work through it until I found out they were together even before we married. I guess the pictures of them screwing was the final straw. Not much of a catch married her also cheated. Now on wife number 5. If it was a one time thing I could forgive and move on. But a continuous affair.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2010