Need a new place to vacation

Every year we go to the shore...we are getting bored with it. We live in South Jersey and really don't want to fly anywhere...and we have an almost 4 year old and a 2 year old.

We like to vacation in September, but we are up for anything.

Suggestions?

jms124

Asked by jms124 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Travel

• I know you said you are sick of the beach but have you been to Rehobeth Beach Delaware?? Not to bash Jersey but it is so much nicer, more high class and family orientated..Rehobeth main street got voted one of the best main streets in the US, clean beach water and trendy shopping and lots of great restaurants.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Pa. and Maryland both have a lot of great camping opportunities if your family is in to hiking and boating and etc.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Find a good mountain vacation! We went to the Smoky Mountains (and they really are smoky, lol) and went white water rafting, gold digging, and all sorts of cool stuff. Through Pigeon Forge, there were all sorts of theatre shows for families to see. It's a ways from Jersey, but I had to mention it because it was such a blast! And it would be a huge change from the beach. ;-)
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have been to Rehoboth...and Ocean City and just about every beach in South Jersey and Delaware. We want something other than sand and water. My family has a house just outside of the Wildwood/Cape May area so we spend many weekends down there in the summer.

I grew up in PA so it really doesn't seem like a vacation destination to me but Maryland sounds interesting. Any suggestions on where to go?

And now that I think about it...has anyone ever camped with young kids? :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Cruise? Drive to Disney? They have great cruise deals from New york, !!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Take the train into New York or Philadelphia or Boston or DC; you are so lucky to have many fantastic cities to visit that are so close. If you change your mind about flying, Chicago is the best place for a family vacation. Contact me offlist with any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I live in Florida! Why not Disney world!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Your children are now old enough to visit Washington DC, Boston, Marthas Vineyard and Virginia Beach. There is also Williamsburg. Try a google search and see what is in your driving range. We never vacation in one spot per year.
    jns131

Answer by jns131 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2010