bad behaviour

my kindergartner has started acting up in school. he is getting notes home about running in the halls and talking during quiet time. how do I curb this?

tabbykat6802

Asked by tabbykat6802 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• tell him everytime he gets a bad note home or a bad face he has to go to bed early
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Talk to him about why he is doing it. Talk to him about how he can't do that at school. Plus some sort of punishment when he gets a note.

My oldest got in trouble once for being loud in the bathroom. Her and I sat down and talked about why she did it. Well I found out it was becasue she loved the sound it made. So her and I talked about how it is loud and distures the other classes and can not do that. We also talked about if she did she would have a time out at home. For use time outs work great.

I hope you can find out what is going on and nip it in the butt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My DD was/ is doing the same thing. I mean she comes from a good family with good morals and she has both parents at home and is the only child so attention wasn't the issue. We had no clue what was wrong.. We went as far as to putting her in therapy to see what her problem was. The school said she was showing signs of ADHD and we needed to have her medicated. I said Hell No! I will do anything for my kid but not that! The therapist mentioned she may be gifted. She goes to a Private Christian school and the thought of one being gifted was insane... So we went through the state and had her tested. Guess what... She is above average. When a gifted child learns, they get it the first time. and in k-5 they repeat themselves over and over to help the little ones remember, well Gifted children get board with that so they amuse themself with other things, even if it gets them in trouble! I would look up signs see if he shows any.
    partieswithJenn

Answer by partieswithJenn at 9:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2010