Is your city safe? Do you have lots of crime?

Where I live now it's really nice and safe. Where i use to live it averaged about 50 murders every year.

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I live in Denver and it is relatively safe. We still lock out doors and have a security system on our house/cars, but I would have that any where that I lived.
    wildcat1997

Answer by wildcat1997 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• yep..my town is safe. thats why i moved here, to get out of the city.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• We live in the suburbs. I'm sure there is higher crime downtown, but we leave our doors unlocked around here.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It's pretty safe here. We don't leave our doors unlocked when we're not home, but we have less than one murder per year.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It is pretty quiet on this side of town, but on the other side, watch out....I personally think living in the tri-state area close to Manhattan is always on the edge no matter how quiet it seems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Our city at one point (I think 2005?) was rated the safest city in the US.
    We are in Logan, Utah....
    The joke is that it's really not that safe, it's just so cold here that even if you tried to hurt someone you'd have to get through several layers of clothes, coats and scarves.

I thought it was funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes, very safe. We have petty crimes, but no murders in the 3 years we've lived here.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I live in a small town in western Oregon, population 2,000. We worry more about a tree falling on us than we worry about crime. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It's Chicago so, of course, there is a lot of crime. Our neighborhood, though, is relatively safe. I've checked and most of the crime around here is vandalism, cars getting broken into, occasional burglary. I feel safe here. Of course, I've lived most of the last 21 years in this house (moved here when I was 12). I have no problems walking around the neighborhood, going out after dark or letting my kids play outside unsupervised (like all the other kids in the neighborhood).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Luckily I live in the suburbs(which by the way is not crime free altogether) but the surrounding city of Baltmore has lots of crime.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2010