Can I start giving this to my 7 month old...?

My son turned 7 months old yesterday. He's been eating the 2nd stage baby foods...But I've also given him cut up cooked carrots and peas, and he feeds them to himself, and does well...he actually chews, and he only has half a tooth lol (it's on it's way up!) anyway...I was thinking about starting him on the 3rd foods...ya know the thicker stuff...and the ones that are like chicken and rice dinners...do you think he is old enough? He sits up unsupported...has since 5 months....crawls...he can walk while holding things...andhe feeds himself...so do you think he's ready for the 3rd foods?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds ready to me :) get 1 or 2 jars and give it a shot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think it's fine - we actually never did 3rd foods, just switched straight to table foods instead.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Im alway give him two small jars since he 5 month old. Im give real soft food or two big jars 7 month. I like him to look so big and cute but age one seem he lost some weight. Im still feed alot foods. sob, Im miss him so tiny baby. he all grow up age 2.
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 9:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Go ahead with the stage two. But get the Gerber ones. I noticed that the cheaper brands aren't as soft. My son choked on the peas and things in the beachnut stage three foods. But the Gerber ones worked well.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Jjoneslagrange I already give my son full peas on his tray and he eats them perfectly fine...so I don't think he will have a problem with beechnut stage three. And what do you mean go ahead with the stage two? He's already on that...I'm asking if I can put him on stage THREE. Thanks though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would try a jar or two, but because he knows how to chew I would just give him table foods cut up really small! It sure dosn't take long for them to figure that stuff out does it! lol I think I took dd completely off baby foods by 8 mos.... she did have 10 teeth by then however and her favorite thing was cheese squares and peas! aww.... she's 2 and I really miss that stage! Watchout though, at 14 mos dd picked up an apple, ate the skin and everything without me cutting it up! Brave little child!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would stop giving him jarred foods and grind up or mash your food

Answer by rkoloms at 10:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• That's about the same time my daughter was eating pretty much solid foods including rice and beans so you can give it try and see. According to everything you have informed us, he sounds ready. Try out and see.
    Darrymagu

Answer by Darrymagu at 10:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Skip the over priced jars. Most of them taste bad. Go table food.  http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• There is no need to ever give jar food, baby cereal, puffs ect. He can eat regular food. Banana, sweet potato, and avocado are good first solids. Just mash with a fork.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010