what can i do to reencourage it?

my daughter is 15 months old. She was half way potty trained. But last week she fell off the toilet and now im lucky if i can get her to sit on it once a day...do i just wait it out and see if she changes her mind? do u have any tips of how i can get her to start going on it again?

rellcinko

Asked by rellcinko at 9:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she wasn't potty trained! you were just trained to put her on the potty LOL

wait until she is ready! signs of readiness are waking in the morning with a dry diaper, telling you before she pees that she needs to go, and being able to hold it when she's asked to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• before she was keeping a dry diaper for most of the day and always woke from naps with a dry diaper...if we were at home shed go towards the bathroom if she neededto go because she HATED a wet diaper....
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 9:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• or if she did go in her diaper before the potty itld b very lil because she screamed at me
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 9:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• get a potty chair so she will feel safe again
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 10:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• If she was doing it and enjoying it but is now scared of the big potty, I would definitely try a potty chair. I wish people didn't have to be so dead set against training kids younger and claiming they're not ready. You definitely shouldn't force it at this age, but if she was going with it fine and had this setback, you don't have to fully give up. This can happen with a 3 year-old just as well as with a 15 month-old. Waiting a couple of weeks and trying again is another option if she doesn't respond to the potty chair.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i will look into a potty chair for upstairs and also might wait a cple wks to...thank you...i dont force it i go with her lead....but she was always interestd in it and went towards the bathroom when she needed to go also went right away when she got up from naps so ive always llet her lead the way....
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 10:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would wait a couple of months; let her forget the trauma.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• At that age we tried a potty chair before the big potty and both my kids were completely trained (including over night and naps) by the time they were 24 months old so ignore those who would say she was not trained at 15 months. Mine were. I would suggest getting a potty chair and trying that. If she still resists then wait a while until she asks to go again.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2010