What are some things you do to entertain your toddler during the day.

What are some things you do to entertain your toddler during the day. I work from home and My office is in my living room so that I can keep an eye on him during the day.. It seems as if he does not want anything but me.. I take short breaks to play with him and he has five million toys. My living room is like a big toybox lol..I am perfectly fine with that. He is not really in to cartoons that much. The only thing he seems to want is my cds, my paper he thinks the printers are toys..I don't know I need some help! I love him so much I just need some ways to keep him entertained! I don't even care if its a messy Idea! Thanks in advance!

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• shaving cream, playdough, my girls like when i turn on music, painting, fingerpaints, coloring and stickers hope some of those help.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Remember he is a toddler. He is only 16 months old. He Eats everything he puts in his hands!! :o)
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Crayons, paper and a high chair. A little bit of cartoons(age appropriate). Snacks, mine loved music. Sometimes they did nothing and just wanted to be with me. Learning toys, like sound books, learning laptop(my 2yo loves his).
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Well it seems he wants to be up your butt...what 16 month old isn't, LOL! Why not try to make him his own office. Get a little TV tray, the kind that is used on the floor. Then give him paper and little bins or maybe a little play cash register....so he can press those buttons instead of the ones on your printer. Hope this helps!
    Erinleigh523

Answer by Erinleigh523 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• well its going to be hard to work if your toddler is making a mess hun lol! I work from home to and have my two yr old home with me. He's a wonderful independent player but wasnt always. My biggest miracle workers were..........I bought him a age appropriate laptop for him to be just like mommy. He always wanted my things which werent safe nor were they cheap enough to be ruined lol so I got him his own and he LOVED and still loves it! make a little work area for him, paper, crayons, laptop, chair etc!!! put the rest of the toys he has no interest in, in the garage or sale them...time to let your baby be a big boy :) GL hope this helps.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2010