Where dd you buy your baby furniture?

I live in Houston, Texzas so my options are Babies R US, USA Baby, adn Baby's 1st..
We like Baby's 1st but could save a bit of money if we bought at Babies R US. Has anyone bought baby furniture from Babies R Us? How is the quality?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WALMART.lol I know it wasn't one of you options but it was mine, much cheaper! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I went to a gently used baby consignment shop. got a like new $700 convertible crib for $150.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I never had baby furniture. I considered it a waste of money and space. I never used a crib. You can change diapers on a bed. Laundry baskets are great for baby clothes.

I borrowed a bedside cradle from a friend for the early months.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Do NOT buy Rockland brand furniture. JC Penny carries it. I'm sure other places do to. It is a nightmare. It is a sure fire way to have DH in tears.

BFF got her furniture at Babies R US. She got the store credit card and got 20% off her first purchase-- so the whole set was very affordable. The bed is convertible to a toddler bed then a twin. It looks good. Her little boy is ROUGH and hasn't managed to pull it apart, break it, or knock it over. That kid should be a product tester.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hand-me-downs, thrift shops, garage sales

Answer by rkoloms at 10:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Im sure its fine.Ive never used it,I'm a craigslist shopper try that website,You might find exactly what you want for cheaper,I live on the out skirt of austin,and I know houston has a lot craigslist.com.good luck
    welldone

Answer by welldone at 10:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I bought mine from JC Penney's and it went through 3 kids in great condition and it's solid wood as opposed to fiberboard.

Answer by missanc at 11:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i agree with the 1st person walmart we got a crib, crib, matress, changeing table and dresser all for $150 and its been awsome has went through 2 kids and getting ready for the 3rd i personaly dont like spending to much money on stuff like that they just grow out of them
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I hoarded a bunch of "20% off a single item" coupons from Babies R Us and bought a crib, mattress, and drawer/changing table from there!
    MommaToSam

Answer by MommaToSam at 11:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• We bought our crib from BabiesRUs. I think it was about $450 on sale,and it's really good quality, very sturdy, and it's one of those one that has the changing table built into the end of the crib. Also, as he gets older, it converts to a toddler bed. It also has a wooden storage thing that rolls under the crib,and that comes in handy. I got his bedding brand-new on e-bay. The mattress we got from Babiesrus too. His dresser we got from Ashley furniture, and his toy box and my rocking chair....I don't even remember. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010