Etsy/Ebay question

Okay now I'm jw about how "Etsy" works.. It says it cost you 20 cents to list an item for like four months, do you pay all these fees up front, or when you sell the item do they deduct it from that? And Ebay pretty much the same question. I'm thinking about starting one or the other depending on the fees, I don't really have a lot of cash to spend up front, and would rather the fees be taken out of what I get paid for the listed item, if any one can help me get started and give me some helpful information please do, I'm just trying to make some extra cash, because I'm so broke right now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• etsy has certain days each month it takes fees on (check their FAQ)
    ebay - upfront cost last time I listed an item.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Both charge you the fees as you are listing the item and Ebay charges a final selling fee too after the item sells. With both though you don't have to pay immediately, but rather have a monthly statement emailed to you and then pay it all then or you can just have it automatically deducted from your Paypal account once a month (which is what I do). If you don't not pay I am pretty sure they will suspend your account. I sell on both very often.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2010