I need some help bad.

This is the second time this morning since 8 that I have gotten extremely lightheaded to where I couldn't focus & I came close to falling over. I know it could be a iron defficency & I know it comes along with being pregnant & I have my GD testing or screening whatever in 2 weeks. This happened the last time I was pregnant. I take my prenatals EVERY night. I drink plenty of water. I just don't understand why this is happening. Someone help me a little please.

fyi 24 weeks

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you need to eat plenty of rich foods every half hour...snack all the time i mean not meals. lots of water and rest. and YES call your obgyn and express your concern with him/her because you should be able to trust in calling them for relief in such situations. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• If it happens when you turn your head, get hot, or stand or move too fast then it's low blood pressure. There isn't a lot you can do for that except not move abruptly or get over heated.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Why are you asking here? Call your OB for petes sake
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• yes please call your doctor for something so serious. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It could be low blood sugar. I had this problem when I was pregnant and nursing. When your blood sugar gets too low your brain doesn't get enough sugar and you feel light headed and sometimes nausiated.

The solution is to eat frequently. High protein or fiber foods are good. You don't want to eat foods that are simple sugars like candy or juice. Something like Kellogg's Fiber Plus Chewy Bars would be good to keep around.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You need to call your Dr beause this is not safe to be having.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• How has your blood pressure been? When this happens you need to drink a big glass of water. You have to make a lot of blood and if you don't have enough fluid, you'll end up with really low blood pressure.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• (26 weeks)I am a low blood pressure person even when not pregnant.It can happen when your blood pressure takes a sudden dip.take plenty of breaks.I usally turn to orange juice,or peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk.Keep snacking throughout the day an empty stomach and dehydration could cause it.try the orange juice though and see if it works.the little one is starting to grow rapidly at this point so they are draining everything out of us.good luck
    welldone

Answer by welldone at 10:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• That happened to me a lot the last time I was pregnant; I ate some peanut butter and laid down and propped my feet up so they were higher than my heart. It helped me, it might help you ; just make sure you're taking in adequate fluids and protein. Put in a call to your ob so that they will know what's going on, and be able to tell you if you need to come in, since they know your medical history.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 10:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2010