Opinion? Working moms who take a day off and can send their kids to daycare

If you work and have a day off, like for Martin Luther King Day, would you still send the kids to daycare or school if it's open?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• school - yes the kids go to school unless they are sick. Weekends are for hanging out with mommy, not random days out of school, missing education just because mommy has the day off.

day care- I pay for it, yes I send them anyways and enjoy a day to myself getting things done, maybe pick them up early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Don't working mom's deserve a break - or a day for themselves too?

I am a sahm and would love a day like that!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yup, sure do! Just because I'm not working at my job doesn't mean I don't have work to do.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 10:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would do it if I had something to do like go to the doctors. Other than that, I would feel guilty leaving them there at daycare if I could have them with me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I do most of the time because we still pay for the day whether he's there or not. I can get errands done or go to a movie and do something where I can't normally take him with me and he plays with his friends. It's a private home daycare and he's happy there.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• If they Daycare is charging you for that day, then why not? There could be some errands to run that your kids would not want to go along for and that would spareyou the stress of dragging them along with you. Or it could just give you a day to yourself to do stuff for YOU.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes, I send my kids to daycare when I have a day off. I do it every other friday b/c that is my day off. I use that day to catch up on cleaning, grocery shopping and all the other shit I don't get done. OR I will go to lunch or a movie with my husband. OR I will have a total me day.

Yes I deserve it. I deserve time to myself so I can recharge as a parent and recharge to get back to work.
    Doodlesrevenge

Answer by Doodlesrevenge at 11:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• If it didnt cost extra I would prob send him for 1/2 day or something, take some time for myself, but not leave him there all day - unfortunatly I don't have this delima, I'm never off work, and I have to pay for care this mon while I am at work and school is closed
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• So, if a SAHM or WAHM sends the kids to grandmas or the baby sitter for the day, is that OK? We're do we draw the line on what we judge here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yep.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2010