What's your experience with implantation bleeding?

I'm on day #3 of very light, very brown/red bleeding - I think I remember going through this with my first pregnancy (I thought it was a period back then, so I don't remember paying much attention to it). I'm not due for my period for another two weeks, but I do fall in the 6-12 day post-conception range, so I thought that this might be implantation bleeding.

How long does this normally last? When can I take a pregnancy test? Am I totally off-base here thinking I might be pregnant?

mommaruth07

Asked by mommaruth07 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had implantation bleeding-a day of light pink spotting 12 days after I ovulated. I got a positive HPT at 16 days post ovulation-3 days after AF was due. I have known women who have nearly a full period of bleeding after they got pregnant. You can take a pregnancy test anywhere from 10 days past ovulation, some women get lucky and have a positive early, but the best thing to do is wait until the day AF is due-that way you know for sure and aren't setting yourself up for dissapointment with a false negative.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010