Its one thing to have people think your a jackass its another to open your mouth and prove it!!!!

Pat Robertson Haiti Comments Spark Uproar
Posted by Stephanie Condon
(GETTY)
On his Christian Broadcasting Network show yesterday, Rev. Pat Robertson said that the nation of Haiti has been devastated by a large earthquake because its people "made a pact with the devil."

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," Robertson said. "They were under the heel of the French ... and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'"
"True story," he continued. "And the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.' Ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after another."

Robertson is infamous for such inflammatory statements. And not surprisingly, the reaction to the controversial pastor's comments has been harsh.

David Waters, editor of the Washington

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/14/politics/politicalhots

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Pat Robertson is a walking, talking, perfect example of EXACTLY who and what gives christians...TRUE christians bad reps.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I wonder if that is true. I wonder if what Jesse Venture says is true. Supernatural conspiracy theory is all it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yeah, i think those who knew this all along just now got our first shred of evidence here. Love to see him talk his way out of this mess.

Men, women and children have died out there, meanwhile relatives here are having to listen to his stupid blabberings as he's spewing out stupid crap like this because he THINKS he can because he's a pastor or whatever. Give me a break. I'm sure his God isn't smiling on him right now, and his God was probably wincing from embarrassment as he heard those words utter from this stupid man's mouth. It's a shame really.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• So I guess all of the help they are getting was due to the devils work as well?!.. That's a disgusting thing for him to say at a time like this.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Does Robertson have any recommendation for how we are to help break this pact with the Devil? Is he recommending serious Christina outreach? Or is he recommending that we turn our backs on these suffering people and let the Devil have them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• who cares what he said? free speech quit watching him if you don't like the guy.
    Anonymous

• So how did the rest of the Christians get lumped into this??

Robertson has nothing to do with me or my beliefs and he doesn't speak for me. Besides, the last I checked we still have freedom of speech and opinion...if your opinion is nuts(Jesse Ventura) and you want to share it you can! The rest of us are free to ignore you..or laugh at you if we wish.

No lumping though...okay. Some Christians are working hard to put together aid for this tragedy.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• nobody asked if you could use my favorite word.................jackass..............that is.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• * yourspecialkid

Agreed, Pat Robertson is a buffoon and does not represent me at all.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Why do you even care what he says?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010