This one is for the "not-overly-cuddly/affectionate" women!

If you are a mom/wife/lover/girlfriend who either acknowledges that she is not a big cuddler/touchy-feely or if you've been told/accused of not being affectionate enough towards your mate:
In your opinion, how do you show that you care for your mate/partner? What type of things do you do for them to express yourself?

AbbyJada

Asked by AbbyJada at 11:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Presents. Emails, little love notes to say hi.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• After almost 21 years of marriage. My DH has gotten use to my ways.

Answer by louise2 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Kind words go a long way. I do not like to be touched with hugs and mushy stuff. I'm lucky that SO doesn't either so it works for us. Our touching is purposeful (sex) but not for anything else. I just make sure I say positive things to him to let him know I think he rocks.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• this was me when I met dh, I wasn't touchy cuddly person still I'm really not. I would rather pat you on the back then give a hug. He made me see this was the way I am and told me it made feel I was cold to him and the kids. Well I changed with him and the kids. I'm very affectionate to the kids and also to him but I would love for this in return from him but he doesn't so hmmmmmmmmm...........................
    Anonymous

• Love your answer Louise! So would you say he's just secure in your relationship and doesn't need the physical reassurance? He just knows you're both in it for the long haul? Is he touchy/feely even though you aren't? Or is he similiar to you in that respect?
    AbbyJada

Answer by AbbyJada at 12:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My husband is just used to it and plus I tend to give in once in a while and let him cuddle me ::sigh::
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i do EVERYTHING! i wash his clothes, clean this whole house (which i pay the bills on, too), and cook the food we eat. i think that shows appreciation.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I let him cuddle when it is obvious he needs it. The little things I do for him shows that I care. I am just not a lovey person and never will be. He has learned to take what he can get.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I do pretty much everything for DH. However, I'm not a cuddler. He knew this when he met me. I don't mind kisses and hugs here and there, but when I am trying to watch TV, or sleep, I don't want to be touched. He is fine with it, because we will lay in bed and just talk for hours about different things. That's how we connect on a different level. We always say "I love you" when one of us leaves, followed by a kiss. We text while he is at work, and always say "I love you" at the end of that conversation. Sometimes we will just text each other "I love you" and that's it. Nothing more. We go out on Friday nights, just the two of us. Dinner and a movie. We don't have a problem expressing our love. We both know how the other feels.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2010