Anyone had a problem with their husband not wanting to make love after having a baby?

I had a baby at the beginning of dec by c-section. It has been over sex weeks and I have even went to the doctor and they said I could. But my husband doesn't want anything to do with me. He said he is turned off from having sex with me because he doesn't want anymore children. ugh! I"m going crazy!!!! any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• This happened to me. Give it some time. Make sure he understands the efficacy of your chosen birth control method. My SO was like this and I had a TUBAL, so there was no WAY I was getting pregnant! We eased into it with lots of patience and time, and now we can't keep our hands off of each other. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• Well if thats the case, have him get fixed! But someone can't be turned off because they don't want anymore kids, thats just stupid. Its hard when you first have a baby because he may just be overwhelmed and tired. I would really sit down and talk with him about it.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of this befor but thats probably cause I have never experianced it. My husband is the total opposite, he cant wait to start having sex again but I normaly make him wait for two months after baby is here so I can heal properly. Did your husband not want you to get pregnant in the first place? I dont understand why he said that to you, that would hurt my feelings and he wouldnt be getting any thing from me for a while.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he's afraid of hurting you. Did you get on birth control to assure him you won't get pregnant?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• p.s. if not on birth control you can buy some condoms. Maybe that will make him feel better

• no he didn't want me to get pregnant in the first place. I''m on birth control and have condoms.
    Anonymous

• if he doesnt want any more kids then tell him to get a vesectomy!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010