Has anyone gotten pregnant from Vaginal Contraceptive Films?

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a year now, but have had multiple early miscarriages, and have decided break for a few months. My OB says its fine for me to try whenever we are ready. But im not really sure if I want to wait. We decideded not to do any kind of birth control other than condoms, but lately the condoms have been irritating me. I remember I was given a couple VCF films to try from my OB awhile after I had my first baby. We bought some last week and are going to try them out, but I was curious if anyone has gotten pregnant with using them. I understand you should use a condom with it as another back up but since that doesnt matter to us really we will only be using the VCF's.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, but I only used it once. It irritated me a lot. I would not reccomend using that type of contraception. The encare system is better.
    Anonymous

• We used them for almost 2.5 years between my DS and my DD Never had a problem and didn't get pregnant while using them. In fact we had a MUCH harder time conceiving DD but I am sure they are not related. 

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I used VCF for like 2 yrs before my 2nd son was born (we ran out, and tried the pull out method 1 stinkin' time, and boom, I was preggers) LOL. Then I used it for like a yr or so before we decided to try to get pregnant, (the only planned pregnancy I've had) and it worked, and I still got preggers w/ in 2-3 mos. after stopping it. Then after the birth of my 3rd son, I used them when I found out they were taking the patch off the market (truly still upset about that) and was still using them when I found out I was almost 1 1/2 mo. pregnant. (I'm now about 3 mos.) So I guess it just all depends on the person, your fertility, and if you use them correctly.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 3:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010