food donations for haiti

does anyone know of any organization that is accepting food donations for haiti? all i can find is for money doantion. i have cans of formula and baby food to dinated and other food and clothes. let me know if you find anything thanks

piwife

Asked by piwife at 12:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've heard they aren't taking food, clothing etc.. donations yet. But I will keep a look out for when they start!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Try something local...while it may not yet be online, most larger cities have something put together already, and there is always the Red Cross. I know of 4 or 5 places here in my area that are accepting donations. Also there are a lot of agencies that have been helping Haiti for years, they should be able to refer you.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• They dont have the means to distribute food, clothing, baby formula etc. They are asking for cash donations right now, even a dollar or two would help.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Our Walmart and Meijers are both accepting donations. They just put trucks in to haul the stuff to wherever they will ship it from.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• check with your local hospital, or university or school system... That's who is doing ours.
    mereinolan

Answer by mereinolan at 1:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i just took $500. out of savings to buy food for a local family in need. if you have formula and things to donate i'm sure thiers someone within a few miles of you that needs it.
    Anonymous

• i rather give it to people that have nothinmg. there is alot of programs where i live that help you get formula and stuff like that. i think the people in haiti needed more at this time.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• www.freerice.com

is a great site. You can practice vocabulary, grammar, foreign languages, math and science while helping donate food. I use it daily with my language students--it is fun and altruistic!

AnonIsEasiest

Answer by AnonIsEasiest at 4:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• How about donating the food to someone in your area who could use it? Charity begins at HOME. Americans need your help too!
    Anonymous