Meredith as a baby name?

i have a horrible time with baby names. for boys i have nothing. for girls there are at least a few that are okay to me ;)

what do you think of Meredith? nicknames could be Merry or Mer. My mom's name is Mary btw. i do like less common names and this is down around number 500, if i remember correctly

thanks so much for your thoughts :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont personaly like meredith but to each their own. my babies name is Lexi Ophelia Matilda and i call her tilly and i think its beautiful. though her middle names are very uncommon i love them.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i like meredith, and calling her merry is cute...im sure your mom would like that.
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 12:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You are the one that has to call you child this for the rest of you life. My SIL had to have a certain name for her first DD because it is a family name. She makes comments all the time she should have fought with her Mom and just named her what they wanted to.
    Anonymous

• I like Meredith- I think it is pretty and feminine, and fitting for a young girl or an adult woman.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Meredith- Mer (Maehr) for short I like it.
    Anonymous

• a friend of mine's dd is Meredith. i think its a pretty name.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• cassie, i came across matilda last night and saw nicknames of tilda or tilly and i thought that was cute but crossed it off my list because i do not like matty nicknames...

Mary, i also thought it was feminine but not like really girly or dainty, so i like that. :)

thanks for your opinions.

-OP
    Anonymous

• I love it!
    Anonymous

• It's not bad at all. I wouldn't personally name my child that, but if you like it, go for it. It's definitely WAY better than a lot of the "trendy, creative" names I'gve heard recently!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I went to high school with a girl named Meredith...we called her Mere. It is defiantly a name you don't hear everyday..so if that is what your shooting for I say go for it. - I also like names you don't hear often..my daughters name is Brooke and you don't hear that often either. Good luck.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2010