my nephew is 9 weeks old and has a cast on how can his mama give him a bath without getting the cast wet?

he has a clubbed foot his leg isnt broken but the cast goes from his thigh to his little foot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she will have to sponge bathe him
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 12:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• She can wash him with a wash cloth. They make cast covers for adults. They may make them for babies. Cleaning with a wash cloth is good enough.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I had a cast on my leg when I was 6, my mom put a trashbag (a grocery bag would probably work for a baby) around my leg and tried to keep my leg out of the water. But for a 9 week old, I would suggest just giving him a sponge bath, they don't get that dirty, just use a warm soapy washcloth to wipe him down, then just a warm wet washcloth to wipe the soap off.
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 12:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Just get a plastic grocery sack and tape it around his leg and give him a sponge bath.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010